Why Bamboo Fabric Is the Best Material for Travel Clothing
Bamboo might not be the first material you think of when figuring out what to wear when traveling. However, bamboo fabric is lightweight and warm enough for the temperature changes at an airport or inside a bus, plane, or train. It also offers many other incredible benefits. Read below to find out why bamboo fabric is the best material for travel clothing.
What Is Bamboo Fabric?
Bamboo fabric is an eco-friendly and sustainable alternative to common clothing materials like polyester and cotton, and it comes from bamboo shoots. It has become prevalent in recent years as consumers look for more environmentally friendly options in their daily lives. The actual fabric is very breathable and soft to the touch like silk, and it can form anything from shirts, socks, towels, and more.
How Is the Fabric Made?
You can break down the process that manufacturers use into these steps:
- The company plants bamboo during the harvest season, typically in spring. The bamboo grows rapidly with minimal chemicals and relatively low water usage.
- Once the shoots have fully grown, it's time to harvest the plant.
- The manufacturer cuts the shoots into strips and bits with saws.
- Those pieces then undergo mashing until they become a pulp.
- After soaking the bamboo pieces for one to three hours to remove the cellulose, the manufacturer transforms the material into sheets.
- Next, they soften the fiber using a mixture of water and amine oxide.
- Once the soaking finishes, the manufacturer leaves the material to dry to thread it into bamboo fiber yarn.
- With that yarn, the manufacturer can use its chosen process, such as combining it with linen fibers, to make its clothing like any other fabric material.
The Benefits for Travel Clothing
When you're going on a trip, there's no better clothing choice than bamboo fabric items. There are many reasons why bamboo fabric is the best material for travel clothing, including:
- Bamboo clothing is lightweight, breathable, moisture-wicking, quick-drying, and heat regulating. In other words, it’s perfect for physical activity and when you're on the move.
- Bamboo fabric is anti-static, which means it won't stick to your body.
- It’s incredibly soft to the touch. So, you feel great while wearing it on the move.
- It has natural UV resistance, which helps shield you from the sun's harmful rays.
- It possesses hypoallergenic properties, which are excellent for anyone who suffers from allergies.
When you're preparing for your next trip, let the experts at NxTSTOP take care of all your travel clothing needs. To complement your travel look, we have bamboo shirts for sale. They offer superior moisture-wicking functionality, breathability, odor resistance, and wrinkle resistance compared to regular fabrics. Feel free to contact us with any questions about our products.